Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Storm Inhumans Vs X-Men #6 Cover Step by Step Part 3 Colors

Here's the Inhumans Vs X-Men #6 Variant Cover featuring everyone's favorite Mohawked Goddess, Ororo Munroe ..... STORM!

By Rachel Dodson and Me.

Out now from Marvel Comics.


Now for Part 3 of the Step by Step making of the cover art -


FLATS

The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.

I try to adjust the colors to their medium value or imprimatura - I use this as the starting point for the piece. 


BACKGROUND 



Creating the background with 7 different colors in 6 color rows...


INITIAL COLOR (ROUGH IN)

I colored this on my Cintiq 22 HD using Photoshop CS3 .

Here I rough in quickly all the medium lights and darks on the figures and cast initial shadows.



Using the Pencil Tool at 100% to knock those in.

ADDITIONAL ROUGH IN


I went on the rest of the figure and face and knocked the next lights and darks using the pencils tooling at 70-80%.

I go to the next level of darker darks and lighter lights



COLORING THE LINE ART


FINAL ART


And DONE!

And for PART 1


And PART 2


TD

No comments:

Post a Comment